- Send us a pitch of no more than 300 words clearly setting out what your article is going to be about
- We accept fully written drafts, but please still include a pitch. Fully written drafts must be sent in a word or google document.
- Include PITCH at the beginning of your email
- Include a short bio, telling us who you are, and why you would like your article on The Sister Mums
- Include the links to two pieces of written work that you feel best represent your writing style
- Please note that we only accept pitches from those that identify as female
- We aim to respond to pitches as soon as possible, however if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks then please follow up with us
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a contributor for The Sister Mums?
Send us a pitch! We would love to read your ideas, and hopefully publish your work. All you have to do is read our published articles, to ensure that your idea hasn’t been published here before, and then send us your best pitch(es).
What is the pay rate for articles?
The Sister Mums is a non-profit organisation, and articles are accepted on a voluntary basis only. There is no monetary word for contributing.
What happens if my pitch is not accepted?
We try to accept all pitches that will have a positive influence on our readers (young ladies are watching!) If, however, we are unable to accept your pitch a member of our team will contact you to let you know, with a reason as to why we can’t accept. We may also give you tips on how you could address your idea differently in order for it to be accepted.
Do The Sister Mums republish content?
Depending on the circumstances, we may republish blog posts that have been shared before. Please contact us directly through email to discuss your options.
Can I submit artwork?
Yes! We would love to share your artwork/illustrations with our readers. Email your work to us, and we’ll let you know if we’re going to share it.
How do I get involved in the ‘Dear Younger Self’ project?
The ‘Dear Younger Self’ project accepts submissions from June 20 – August 1. For detailed guidelines please click here.